DOs and DON'Ts for Water Damage From Contaminated Water
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until SERVPRO of Clayton County professionals arrive. Please follow some of these simple DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce further damage and increase the chances of successful restoration of your home or building. Below are some Dos and DON’Ts that you should follow if you are forced to deal with water damage:
- Do call SERVPRO of Clayton County as soon as possible at 770-997-5689.
- Do avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Do wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Don’t spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Don’t turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Don’t use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Don’t use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to contaminated areas.
Note: If exposed to harmful waste, OSHA recommends a post-exposure medical evaluation. Consult with your local health department or physician.
Have questions about Contaminated Water Damage and Cleanup? Call us – 770-997-5689